- 4:45 AM
- The alarm goes off.
- 4:54 AM
- The alarm goes off again.
- 5:00 AM
- My alarm goes off -- it is distinctively less pleasant than the one Rosina uses.
- 5:03 AM
- Rosina's alarm goes off yet again.
- Skip forward more than a half-hour of repeated alarms going off.
- 5:33 AM
- Absently, I hug Rosina gently as I attempt to wake thoroughly enough for morning sex.
- 5:42 AM
- The alarm goes off at the worst possible time.
- 6:04 AM
- After loading boxes of books into the car, we are finally ready to go. I hold my green laptop bag in my arms and rub the sleep from my eyes as she drives me to the train station.
- 6:09 AM
- As Rosina drops me off, the train is just arriving. I wish her well on her upcoming day at the high school and pull out Anthem while I walk to the train.
- 6:55 AM
- The train pulls into Union Station, as I write in my physical journal about the book I'd just read.
- 7:09 AM
- Breakfast at Au Bon Pain is purchased.
- 7:20 AM
- I walk into my building at work. No one else will arrive for at least an hour and a half. Most will not arrive until 9:30 AM.
- 8:30 AM
- I close google reader and start planning my day of work.
- 8:31 AM
- I pull up facebook scrabble.
- 8:54 AM
- I restart planning my day of work.
- 8:55 AM
- I pull up blogger.com to start writing this entry.
An ethics-oriented weblog celebrating effective altruism, philosophy, and other beliefs Eric holds. Also: a place to post random thoughts.
21 August, 2008
My Morning Ritual
Posted by Eric Herboso at Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
I think Anthem's a pretty terrible book.ReplyDelete
Also I don't see why you used the passive voice at 7:09am. Were you feeling tired?